Thursday, September 24, 2009

Spreading the word about SPD

Finally..........I'm beginning to see more things about SPD. But I'm looking for them, and I'm looking hard. I'm trying to find my counterparts in this fight, so that we can join together in promoting awareness of the brain-based disorders that are NOT autism.

I'm a part of a small group that understands and views SPD from up-close and personal. It is crucial to the success of all people with SPD, but particularly the children, that our society becomes aware of this brain-based neurological disorder that is estimated to affect 1 in 20 people.

I haven't yet viewed the film, "Autistic-like: Graham's Story" by Erik Linthorst. But I'm going to soon! If you have the opportunity, please view it. Not all children with autistic-like symptoms have autism. Help us help our children by clicking on this link: http://autisticlike.com/

1 comment:

Erik said...

I can say I have seen this movie and recommend it too (though I'm a little biased :) - thanks for the recommend!

~Erik Linthorst