Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Being thankful

We've had kind of an odd couple of weeks around here. It seems like it has been very busy, but compared to some other weeks lately, its actually been a bit more leisurely. But still, I rather have that tired and rundown feel. I always seem to feel this way when the days begin to get noticeably shorter. I reach a point where I want to mow the lawn one last time before winter, and then curl up in a chair with an afghan and sleep for about four hours. With the sunshine coming through the windows. Aaahhhhhhh. Boy, that sounds nice......

In any case, we're not yet at a point where we can relax. We have a few more weeks left of football, some winterizing to do around the house and outdoors, and then we'll be there. To fight the "blues" today, I'm trying to remind myself of all the things I have to be thankful for. And I really do have LOTS of things. So here goes:
1) We only have a few weeks left of football. Hurray! Then maybe we can have meals together before 7 pm on weeknights. :)
2) All four of the kids are healthy and doing well in school/Day Care. I think I tend to take this one for granted and forget how hard it must be to have a child who struggles with health, behavioral, and/or academic issues.
3) Our house is safe, secure, roomy, and HOME. This winter's project will be painting and putting new flooring in the laundry room, but thats pretty minor compared to having a leaky roof, or....???
4) I work my own hours when I want and how I want. Not always quite as easy as that, but in the end, the decisions are MINE. Really caters to the "control freak" in me.

And last, but certainly not the least,
5) I have a wonderful husband to share this life with, to experience the ups and downs of parenthood with, and to be my best friend. Wouldn't want to do it without him!!!

I have so many other things to be thankful for as well, but these are the big ones on my mind today. What do you have to be thankful for?

No comments: