Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Body part names


As I've already mentioned, Tiersten has an ability to put words together in ways that just crack us up. Last night, she came up with a new spin on this, which I will explain...

First of all, you have to understand that my husband, Mike, is a tad uncomfortable with the whole concept that his little girls are someday going to be women. He doesn't want to think about it, be reminded of it, or really......have to deal with it in any way at this point. Which generally works pretty well right now, considering that they are only ages 2 & 3.

However, last night as I was helping Tiersten out of the bath tub, she points to her nipple and says, "What's this?" I very matter-of-factly state, "That is your nipple," and continue to dry her off. She gets this very indignant look on her face and stomps out of the bathroom, leaving me standing there holding the towel. When I hollered after her and asked her where she was going, she yelled back over her shoulder, "Going to tell Daddy!" Of course, I followed her.

Mike was in the girls' room putting pajamas on Jennica, when in stomps Tiersten. She marched right up to him and said, "Daddy, this is NOT my body. This is called a nipple." And pointed at her chest. By this time, I'm standing in their bedroom door, having heard the whole thing, and am trying not to laugh.

Mike somehow managed to confirm that she was right with a very straight face, and she even made him apologize, I think, for having told her it was called her "body".

Oh...........out of the mouths of babes. :) I can hardly wait until she moves in the general direction of her feet.

No comments: