Saturday, October 04, 2008

Busy busy busy....

A couple of weeks have gone by since I last posted here, but I've been BUSY. Despite all the economic scramble, I'm still extremely busy with appraisals. Add the four kids and all of their activities........and I feel like I'm operating at a dead run some days. I'm not complaining, as its great to have a life full of purpose and activity.

In any case, amid appraisals, parent-helper day at preschool, kindergarten open house, football games, and all the other chaos, we've been having some fun.

First, a cat moved in with us. Uninvited. She just showed up one day and hasn't left. I'm not a big fan of cats, and after the unplanned demise of the last two, I swore we weren't getting any more cats unless they came with an "Automobile Avoidance Safety Class." I refuse to get attached to this one, but she doesn't seem to care. In the first 24 hours she was here, she got a bath in the kitchen sink, treated with Advantage and ear-mite meds, and wormed. She still didn't leave. So........we unaffectionally refer to her as "The Mooch," and she sneaks in the door whenever possible and roosts in whatever warm lap is holding still at the moment. She's gaining weight and her skin problems are improving. We'll take her in and get her spayed in the next week or so. At which point, after the investment of funds, she will probably "meet" a car. Sigh.......

Second, this past week was Homecoming at the school. Grant came home from Wednesday's football practice with a new haircut, which we "decorated" for game day. See photo. Dane went to school on "Decade Day" looking like Hyde from "That 70s Show." See next photo. :)




No comments: