Monday, September 21, 2009

My officially-licensed teenage driver

I am so, so, so, delighted to report that Dane is now an officially-licensed driver! WAHOO! I think it is safe to say at this point that I'm not one of those sniffling parents that is crying over my oldest son growing up. Don't get me wrong-----I'm going to miss him in 2 1/2 years when he goes away to college. But its also very exciting to see him reaching these milestones and gaining more independence. Not to mention that he and Grant will be playing a total of 7 school sports between the two of them this year, and I am thrilled to have Dane sharing some of the shuttle services to and from practice.

So.........he is all set up and driving his new-to-him Ford Explorer. Washington State laws are fairly strict regarding his passengers, but he can drive his brother around, and even his sisters if necessary. I'm doing the happy-dance!!!

No comments: